The Literacy Helpline is a FREE service that provides information and support for tasks that require reading, writing and/or digital literacy skills. English-speaking Quebecers can call 1-888-521-8181 for assistance.
What kinds of support are offered?
Support is offered to English-speaking Adults (16+) in Quebec who need help to:
- Print forms and essential information
- Understand written instructions including health and other government information
- Get information online when they don’t have internet at home
- Seek information that is difficult to access during the pandemic
- Click with confidence - learn to use a computer, tablet or cell phone to safely complete daily tasks, i.e. access services or programs online (Zoom, Facetime, online shopping, banking, etc.)
- Improve their reading and writing skills
How to get help
Call 1-888-521-8181 and speak to a volunteer or leave a message. You can also reach us by email email@example.com
Interested In Volunteering?
We are looking for patient, warm and welcoming volunteers to offer phone and online support. Training is provided through Zoom or phone. See our Helpline Volunteer Page to apply.
Help Promote the Helpline
We have prepared graphics and text for print material and to post information about the helpline on your organization’s website, newsletter or social posts. Click to see our Helpline Promotion Toolkit.
The Helpline is a collaborative project hosted by Literacy Quebec to connect English-speaking adults with the provincial network of literacy organizations. The Literacy Helpline is supported by the Secretariat for relations with English-speaking Quebecers.